Friday, February 12, 2010

Starry Starry Night - Can't get it out of my brain

It started last night when I went out to put out some trash and looked up at the sky and the stars were shining brilliantly and the song Starry Starry Night came into my head.
I love that ballad - probably from the 1960's - all the best music was then you know! Anyway I decided I wanted to hear it on my computer and came across the strangest thing. This pop ballad was written as a depiction of the life of Vincent Van Gogh. You can go to the following web page:
http://www.vangoghgallery.com/painting/starrynightlyrics.html
to see the whole story or just click on the link below to play the music with accompanying pictures painted by Van Gogh.

1 comment:

Laura Keith said...

that was so pretty! i don't think i have ever heard that song.
We saw some of Van Gogh's paintings in Spain... he sure had some beautiful ones, but the paintings he did during his "mental" years were CRAZY! Learned a lot and loved it!