Monday, August 18, 2008

San Diego Vacation 1945

Well since nostalgia is setting in I went looking for really old pictures of Oceanside and thought these were of Oceanside until looking closely and I realized these were in San Diego - probably out at Coronado.
The first picture is of the following (l to r): Jim Givens, George Damron, Christie Damron, Evelyn Rogers. The Damrons were my dad's parents - George was his step-father, and Christa was his mother. Evelyn Rogers was George's child from his first marriage, so she was my dad's step-sister. The Damron kids were like my dad's siblings since he had none of his own.
This picture must have been taken by Dad and shows: Mom (Betty Givens), Christie, George, and Evelyn.This one must have been taken by Evelyn and shows: George, Christie, Mom and Dad.Dad had to go fishing everywhere. Here he is with what looks like a small hallibut.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Grandma Betty looks so happy, I love this pics they are too cool. i know I'll see you soon Daddy-o!

Laura Keith said...

cool pics dad. i want to see the originals ... see if i can see more details. i love the "hug" pic.

Robert Givens said...

These originals are a whole 2X2 inches. We are lucky to get what we can from them.

award said...

This has been really fun to see all of this... Thanks for posting. Feel free to do more!