Sunday, November 9, 2008

Companions for a Day

We were in Linda for the weekend to see Josh's last soccer match of the year, celebrate Laura's 12th wedding anniversary, see the Jon and Josh in their primary sacrament program, and of course let mom see Jillian. You know mother and babies.
But for me it was a special weekend as I finally got to meet someone from my mission. Elder Lawrence Cole and I have gone through training together and still meet weekly with our "West Coast" buddies from training. So this was a kind of reunion of two missionaries who have never met. We turned a few head as we went around to the three meetings of the block together with our badges on. Laura - thanks for taking the pictures.
Mission Progess - Not bad. I took 14 phone calls in 3 days and have done 3 emails today. Strangest call - a lady concerned about a genealogist who contacted her grown daughter on Facebook and had the family genealogy down to a marriage 2 weeks ago. Her husband was sure the Church was publishing their private lives. I assured her we weren't and gave her some tips on where to look to see if their data was posted somewhere online.

Prop 8 - The update is an up and down thing. We won! But the battle is just beginning. Protest marches everywhere. Chaples and temples picketed and spray painted. This may become a good test of faith precluding the last days. I am sure we will all have more to experience on this topic.

Birthdays comming up: Heidi the 14th and Maree on the 16th. Hey, have great birthdays daughters. Don't even breath a word as to your ages - it just makes me feel older. Funny, we started and ended our family on the same week of the year. Love you all!

1 comment:

Laura Keith said...

sweet pics! I tagged you in my blog... check it out!