Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Vacation Day 14 (Denver, CO to Grand Junction, CO)

Monday (August 5) – Trip Day 14  - (Denver, CO to Grand Junction, CO) – We wanted to get an early start today but Barbara got violently ill at breakfast.  I suspect she got food poisoning at breakfast as she was able to get over it rapidly and by 11 AM felt good enough to travel.  Because of that we didn’t do any sightseeing other than the drive on I-70 to Grand Junction.  That is a superb drive over the Rockies.  It has passes over 11,000 feet high, several tunnels (one that must be a couple of miles long), and rock formations that are out of sight.  For those that love scenery, this is a must drive.  The last part of the drive takes you down the valley of the Colorado River – which is already the green color that you see when it is in the Grand Canyon.  We got to Grand Junction about 4:30 PM and just took it easy for the evening.


I had to add a couple of pictures I got today from Rusty Givens.  Here is Barbara and how she spent the day while Rusty and I talked Givens.

 This is Rusty and I at the bar - with some of the computers.
 

2 comments:

The Brigham City Fort said...

You have another blog as well. What a great idea to have a Vacation Blog.

The Brigham City Fort said...

I found you comment and answered it, but could not relocate it. Sorry. If you could post comments on the blog on even send to my e-mail I would be more likely to see them. Thanks