Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tucson Trip - Part 3 - South Lawn Cemetery, Tucson

Naturally a trip to this cemetery is a must if you go to Tucson. One of my concerns this trip was to do something about my brother, Jimmy's stone. The stone itself is in fine condition but the footing around the stone has broken and allowed grass to grow up around the stone. I put in a work order request to reset the stone and should hear back from them within the week after they get the work done.
For some reason it looked like Grandma and Grandpa Damron's stone has been worked on lately. The little plaque is for Bill Damron - one of Grandpa Damron's children who I think is now buried here too (probably cremated.)
This is the first time I have been back since the headstone on my parent's graves has been completed with the death date of Mother. Though I prefer the stone markers, this metal one seems to hold up better with time.

No comments: