Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grandma Betty - 1921 - Age 4

Some interesting pictures from Grandma's 4th year. I often don't know who the other people were. I need to go back and see if anything is written on the backs of some of these.
Most of the pictures in this set appear to have been taken in the area of Grandma's grandmother Sands' home in central Pennsylvania. She was taken to see them every year but it was never explained to her that they were her relatives (of her deceased mother.) This is a cute picture with a dog.
Grandma is on the right. I believe the other girl is a cousin - Vivian Fenstermaker.
This is a summer picture on some beach or river bank. Grandma is on the left. Her mother, Carrie, is in the middle. I don't know who the other girl is. A cousin no doubt.
I believe this could be titled, "The Swimming Pool." I believe this was at the Sands home.
Grandma is in the front seated facing the camera. I believe her Grandmother Sands is in the rocking chair. She wasn't a heavy woman like Grandma Hale. Grandma Sands is important as she is Jennie Elizabeth Beck Sands, the woman my mother was named for. But this isn't totally true as Grandma Sands' real name at birth was Elizabeth Jane Beck. She changed it herself to Jennie Elizabeth about the time she married Henry Harrison Sands.

No comments: