Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grandma Betty - 1931 - Age 14

Age 14 - ad0lesence in full bloom. These pictures show many sides of Grandma's personality as a young woman.
Walking to Phoenix Union (PU) High School. I guess she walked but I really don't know.
Interesting bathing suit fashions in the 30's. Probably at summer camp.
A little risque but it's my blog and I can post what I want. I believe the male is Uncle John Henry.
Grandpa Henry was a high school teacher in Arizona and took courses at the University of Oregon in the summer. They would go with him. This is a picture taken in Northern California during one of these working vacations in 1931. The road into California from Arizona was wood planks tied together over the sand dunes because the dunes would shift and bury a paved road.
This is a most interesting picture - I believe it was for some program she was in. All grown up looking don't you think?

No comments: