Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fresno State Bulldogs - National Champs!


The Cinderella story ended tonight with the incredible victory of the FSU Bulldogs over the Georgia Bulldogs for the national championship.

Never in the history of the NCAA, in any sport, has such an unranked, unimpressive team been able to win it all. Fresno will never forget these great Bulldogs. This team is the perfect example of mind over matter and attitude can do it all.

In 12 short days, I retire, the Celtics win it all and now the Bulldogs. What a month!

4 comments:

Ward Family said...

Last night was probably the greatest moment of my sports fan life. To beat so many highly ranked teams, and prove that we are truly the best team in college baseball in 2008 was amazing. What a great bunch of guys to do this. We needed this as a community.

award said...

YES!!! That was AWESOME! Some of my first live sports memories were of you taking me to see FSU Baseball. What a great accomplishment for the 'Dogs. Thanks for teaching me to love the game!

Heidi said...

Dustin and I have CRIED because we are so proud of Fresno State. Dustin worked with Justin Wilson last year on the fireworks and this year with his dad. This is very special and personal to us. Go Dogs!

Maree said...

Mom called to tell us, and I was very nonplussed. I guess Robert, who is VERY anti-school sports (would rather the $$ be put into COURSES) DID enjoy watching with you guys and he was very glad. I'm a proud bulldog, and I'm glad the team was able to do something so GREAT!