Thursday, June 26, 2008

San Francisco - Retirement Trip

So (a little out of order, but what can you do after you start a blog in midstream) to celebrate retirement we took off the first official day of my retirement for San Francisco. We met up with Aimee and her family and enjoyed the weekend tremendously.


San Francisco wouldn't be a trip without taking in a game so we went to see the Giants get beat (ups I meant "play") the Oakland Athletics. Great weather for the game - pleasant, then cool, but not really cold until it was over. Isn't that typical weather for SF? Oh yes, I had to wear Celtics stuff since I didn't have any Oakland gear. Actually if you look close you will find I have a black and brown shirt to cover myself if needed.

Yes, we had to ride the cable car and go down to Fisherman's Wharf - for breakfast before returning to hot Fresno. Public transportation or a chauffeur (Matt) is the only way to travel in The City.
You meet some of the nicest people when you travel to The City. Look who I ran into on the street.Exploratorium - What a cool place to go visit! (Even if I did wrench my knee in the parking lot.) Anyway Barbara just couldn't wait for a regular drinking fountain. For me I got a soda - no drinking out of a toilet for me. With that we say so long to San Francisco until our next visit.



2 comments:

award said...

Lots of fun that weekend! The game was a highlight... but best of all was you both giving my kids some time with Gramma Babs & Papa Bob!

Maree said...

Looks like a fun time. But Mom, really, bottled water is SO much better than toilet water! :-)