Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jim Givens and His Parents - Joe and Christa Givens

These pictures are from the collection of my sister, Lenore Busby.
There are very few pictures of my father when he was young. These pictures were taken when my father was about 6 years old. It is cute to see him in dress up clothes.His father was a gold miner and I think the pictures I have of him I could count on the fingers of one hand. He died in a mine accident when my dad was 10. He had to find unexploded charges when all the charges didn't go off. One day he found one and it exploded and killed him. Grandma eventually married George Damron and that is why she was known most of her life as Christa Damron.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the pics of grandpa. Thats too cool, keep 'em commin'!

Laura Keith said...

cool pixs dad!

award said...

Very good...How 'bout some more?